Gocase respects your privacy. We will never rent or sell your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
Policy & Agreement
What we collect and how we use
To provide you with our service we need certain personal information. We need you to provide a username and email address for us to give you access to some parts of our website. When you create an account or make a purchase on our website, we may need to collect various types of information such as your full name, age and date of birth, address, location or biography, which may be used when you purchase products and to deliver the products you have requested.
We assure that this site will only collect personal information that you are aware and willingly provide. The site will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was requested.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers, including manufacturers and printers, shipping and logistics companies, banks and payment processing companies, email and web service providers, data storage providers and market research firms.However, all handling of personal data always ensures high security and confidentiality. The Company only collaborates with partners handling personal data within the EU/EEA or with companies that maintain the same level of protection as in the EU/EEA by, for example, have joined the so-called Privacy Shield Agreement between the EU and the United States.
Here is a summary of what you can expect by visiting our website:
- We track your web activity for marketing purposes
- We collect personal information for marketing purposes and communication.
- We process personal information by sending them to integrated Email and CRM systems for marketing and nurturing purposes.
- We save personal information in our systems for analysis purposes.
- Your behavior and web activity can be used for marketing purposes such as profiling, and marketing analysis.
Collection with consent
By filling out a consent form on the website (for example subscribe to newsletter, receive promotions and offers etc.) you agree that your personal information (for example name, telephone, email) may be used for marketing purposes for the services you are exposed to where you are asked to fill in your personal information. We also collect your IP address, geographic position, and interests in order to better adapt our website and marketing to you.
By browsing our website you also agree to that we may add cookies, both a so-called third-party and first-party cookies, on your computer from. These cookies will follow you and your online behavior in order to offer you marketing based on your online behavior.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To fulfill orders for services through one of the platforms offered by the Company;
- Enable good customer service, like managing your requests, correcting incorrect information or sending information you requested e.g. newsletter;
- Information on ordering a service is stored and analyzed, as well as the basis for offers and discounts as well as promotion of both general and targeted nature;
- In order to manage customer profiles, conduct analyses and market research;
- For system administration and for obtaining statistical data about the behavior and patterns of our users, this does not identify any individual but occurs at aggregated level;
- To develop, deliver and improve our products and services through analysis of your behavior on our websites and app.
- Personal data is also used for analysis to perform segmentation/profiling, in order to develop targeted offers and services
- To send you information and promotion via SMS, email, app, push or other digital contact routes such as social media since you have an active customer relationship with us;
- To contact you via app, SMS, email or post about other offers, promotions or services that we believe may be of interest to you, please note that you may decline this promotion at any time;
- To provide you with relevant recommendations, offers, and custom services based on what other people with similar behaviors have been interested in, what you have chosen for service, looked at and shown interest in;
- To help us develop our site and app to be more useful and to enhance your user experience of the platforms offered through the Company by customizing the display of the services to the device being used;
- To send important messages as communication about changes in our terms and policies;
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your User Information. Please ensure that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law. In certain instances we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
The Service is hosted in the United States. We will comply with GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information from Europe to the U.S. Also, we may transfer your data to the U.S., the EEA, or other countries or regions deemed by the European Commission to provide adequate protection of personal data in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
Legal basis, storage, and disclosure of personal data
By submitting data to the Company, you provide your permission for the Company to register and store information about which service purchased and processing the specified personal data for the specified purposes. As a legal basis for treatment, the Company will refer to the fulfillment of agreements, legitimate interest or consent. If the Company uses legitimate interest as a basis, it will only be done for the purposes stated above. Please note that you can at any time withdraw your consent by contacting us, for contact details, just go in our contact us section.
The treatment is in accordance with current legislation and means that personal data are not retained for a longer period than necessary for the purpose of the treatment. The Company will store your personal data as long as you are a customer with us. For marketing purposes, information older than 3 years is not used. This implies that data will be erased when they are no longer relevant or necessary for analysis or direct marketing for the purposes for which they have been collected. Some information may be retained longer when required due to other legal requirements. However, all handling of personal data always ensures high security and confidentiality.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact Gocase and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability:
Whenever Gocase processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
If you have a Gocase account you can edit your personal data under your account page.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Gocase at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with Gocase, regardless of the payment method
- if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Gocase's legitimate interest. Gocase will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demostrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction in each marketing emails
- by editing the settings of your Gocase account
- bBy contacting us via contact us section
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer service personnel to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them at [email protected].
Right to complain with a supervisory authority:
If you consider Gocase to process your personal data in an incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to, and, during subsequent visits, retrieved from your computer or mobile device. If you use our services, we will assume that you agree to the use of such cookie.
We use permanent cookies to store your choice of start page and to store your details if you select "Remember me" when you log in.
We use session cookies for example when you use the product filtration function, to check whether you are logged in or if you put an item in your shopping bag.
We use both first- and third-party cookies to collect statistics and user data in aggregate and individual form in analysis tools to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material.
Some third-party cookies are set by services that appear on our pages and are not in our control. They are set by social media providers such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest and Instagram and relate to the ability of users to share content on this site, as indicated by their respective icon.
We also use third-party cookies which performs cross-site tracking in order for us to give you marketing in other sites/channels.
What types of personal data do we process?
We will only connect your cookie ID to your personal data submitted and gathered in relation to your account, if you are logged in to your account.
Who has access to your personal data?
Data that is forwarded to third parties is only used to provide you with the services mentioned above, analysis tool in order to collect statistics to optimize our site and present you with relevant material.
What is the legal ground to process your personal data?
We will only connect your cookies to your personal data if you are logged in to your Gocase account.
If you are logged in to your account the legal ground is based on our legitimate interest.
How long do we save your data?
Gocase does not save your personal data. You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under "Help" in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of all our features.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
For further information about personal data management or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at:
Gocase Int B.V.
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 12, 1017RC Amsterdam , The Netherlands
KvK Number: 65322525
VAT: NL 856065274B01
Contact us at anytime here.